Starting Fall 2020, the Master's in Applied Behavior Analysis will be implementing an additional simulcast option for students who have a practicum site outside of the Tempe area.
This is the same class and instruction that the on-ground program experiences and the grading/expectations will remain the same.
For questions about this option, please email Adam.Hahs@asu.edu.
We will work with you to identify an acceptable practicum placement in your area such that you are able to complete the necessary practicum hour requirements per the program.
Students will need to have functional internet that can sustain a Zoom broadcast. They will also need a computer with a web camera and a functioning microphone. For specifics, please visit the ASU Zoom requirements page.
- What does virtual simulcast mean?
- Courses will be provided virtually via Zoom and in real-time, such that students have an immersive experience with the instructor and the on-ground students. This allows students located outside of Tempe, AZ to enroll in the program.
- What are some of the benefits of a virtual simulcast option?
- Many individuals interested in graduate programs don’t have the resources to quit their jobs to attend a graduate training program in person. This option provides students with the opportunity to harness the many perks of the on-campus program (e.g., program rigor, high-level instruction/training, a sense of comradery with peers) while maintaining employment and/or not having to move.
- Do I need to attend classes as they are occurring or can I view the class at a later time/date?
- Unless given approval from the instructor of record, all students are expected to participate in the live class. Attendance is reported and important for overall success in the program.
- Does the virtual simulcast option meet the BACB 5th Edition requirements as a Verified Course Sequence (VCS)?
- Are there specific technical/equipment requirements I need to participate?
- Laptop or desktop computer with reliable internet access, a microphone, and camera; Zoom capabilit
- What happens if I my internet becomes unstable or stops working altogether during a class?
- All classes will be recorded, and requests for access to recordings will be determined on case-by-case basis.