THE VALLEY OF THE SUN YMCA IS ONE OF THE OLDEST NONPROFITS IN THE STATE OF ARIZONA, BORN BEFORE ARIZONA BECAME A STATE. WE SERVE OVER 100,000 FAMILIES AND ARE LOCATED IN 15 COMMUNITIES. LEARN MORE ABOUT US A LEADERSHIP ORGANIZATION.
The Y is for EVERYONE. The Valley of the Sun YMCA is not only one of the oldest nonprofits in the state of Arizona, we are also one of the largest. Born in 1892, before Arizona became a state, we serve over 100,000 families and are located in 15 communities across the state.
At the Y we value the little things, and believe healthy living is not just a fad, it’s a way of life. We are a community, and a family, about embracing today’s social responsibilities together. For over a century we have been developing healthy minds, bodies, and spirits.
The YMCA is so much more than a gym and is for everyone.
Under direct supervision completes daily tasks which include but are not limited to eligibility determination, case management, administrative assistance, data collection.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education or related field experience 2. Experience with computers including word processing and database software.
3. Ability to develop positive relationships with young adults/teens.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff, peers, volunteers and supervisor. 5. Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Programs.
6. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
7. Ability to get certification in CPR, First Aid.
∙ Developing Self & Others
∙ Communication & Influence
1. Assist in outreach and recruitment of program eligible youth.
2. Will gain ability to perform needs assessments for students and coordinates referrals to social service agencies.
3. Will be introduced to case management and maintaining client files.
4. Be involved in researching and developing college and career service plans.
5. Develops positive relationships with participants and provides motivational support and guidance. 6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
VALLEY OF THE SUN YMCA
350 N 1st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003
P 602.404.9622 E firstname.lastname@example.org W valleyymca.org
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to operate objects, tools, and/or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl; talk and/or hear; taste and/or smell.
2. The employee occasionally required to lift and/or move 45 pounds
3. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Within The First 30-60 Days:
▪ Child Abuse Prevention Code of Conduct Form ▪ Harassment Prevention
▪ Child Abuse Prevention ▪ Blood Borne Pathogens
▪ Child Abuse Prevention (VOS) ▪ CPR & AED
▪ Appropriate Touch ▪ Basic First Aid
▪ Social Media & Digital Communications
▪ Y-USA Introduction to Listen First
▪ Y-USA New Employee Orientation
**Other position specific trainings may be required
The Valley of the Sun YMCA reserves the right to change and/or modify the job requirements, responsibilities, and qualifications for this position to meet changing organizational needs. Further, these statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. Nothing in this description is intended to represent all functions, duties, and responsibilities of the associate holding this job title, or to alter the at-will nature of their employment. I understand and accept that the above description represents our agreements as to the general responsibilities of the job to be performed.
Intern’s Name (Please Print)
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.