At Optimal Behavioral Health Services, we are looking for interns to join our outpatient clinic and help us provide mental health and addiction recovery services. This position requires a passion for helping others and enrollment in a social work, psychology, or related program at an accredited university.
As an intern at our outpatient clinic, you will have the opportunity to shadow a licensed counselor (MSW or LPC depending on the college program you are enrolled in). If you are interested in making a difference in the Arizona community, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What to Expect:
- Shadow group and individual therapy sessions with clients
- Observe the development of treatment plans based on individual client needs
- Receive your CPR/BLS/AED certification
- Research local community resources to become familiar with wraparound services that are available
- Learn how to maintain accurate case notes for individual clients
- Monitor clients in transition from one activity to another
- Advocate for client rights, privileges, and responsibilities
- Participate in workshops, training, seminars, or other professional development activities as needed
- Learn about and adhere to HIPAA guidelines to ensure client confidentiality is maintained
- Observe and conduct intake appointments
- MUST be enrolled in an accredited social work, psychology, or related program in order to receive college credit for the internship
- MUST be available 8–16 hours per week according to the terms of your student placement agreement, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Mon through Friday, No Weekends)
- MUST have reliable transportation and live in the Phoenix, AZ area. This is an onsite internship located in Downtown Phoenix.
All interested candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to Executive Director of Optimal Behavioral Health Services Natashia Townsend.