Psychology Post-Award Staff Contacts
- Felicity Snyder, Research Advancement Manager
- Steven Northupsmith, Research Advancement Administrator
- Sophia Estrella, Research Advancement Administrator
- Abbey Gargano, Research Advancement Business Operations Specialist
Reimbursement Process (make text a link to https://psychology.asu.edu/research-advancement/reimbursements)
Purchasing (make text a link to https://psychology.asu.edu/research-advancement/purchasing)
As a Principal Investigator (PI), it is important to know your responsibilities and key functions related to your sponsored project.
Provides a detailed list of all PI responsibilities throughout the award life cycle from proposal preparation to award closeout.
- Progress/Compliance Reports:
- The PI is responsible for completing award required progress reports, including annual and final, in coordination with assigned PSY RAA staff. The PI should notify the assigned PSY RAA at least 1 month prior to the deadline, so that staff can assist in helping you complete the report.
- Financial Information:
- The PI is responsible for ensuring all project spending is allowable, allocable, and justified.
- PSY RAA staff will provide project financial information, including current and projected expenses, as well as work with you on a financial plan to ensure your project needs are met.
- Special Reviews:
- The PI is responsible for ensuring all project protocols and special reviews, including IRB, IACUC, Biosafety, EH&S, Export Controls, are in approved status throughout the award period of performance.
- Visit the Office of Research Integrity and Assurance (ORIA) website for information on requirements for special reviews: https://researchintegrity.asu.edu/.
- Subrecipient Monitoring:
- Federal regulations have placed an added layer of responsibility on the investigators and their respective institutions to ensure that sub-recipients are completing tasks and remain compliant with laws and applicable regulations. At ASU, a number of best practices and procedures have been put in place to manage sub-recipients.
- The PI is responsible for reviewing and approving invoices. When approving the invoice, the PI is certifying that they are satisfied with the progress/results of the subawardee.
- Expense Management:
- The PI is responsible for working with PSY RAA staff on project related purchases and reimbursements to ensure compliance to all university policies and procedures