All reimbursement requests on sponsored and Investigator Incentive Award (IIA) accounts MUST be submitted to Psy.RA.Student@exchange.asu.edu.
The best practice is to submit reimbursement requests 7-14 days after the expense is incurred regardless of the dollar amount being requested.
- To ensure reimbursements are not paid as taxable income, they must be fully processed between 7–60 days of when the expenses were incurred.
- To allow our staff sufficient time for processing, any reimbursement submitted more than 45 days after the expense was incurred will be considered a late submission and subject to additional requirements.
- Reimbursements will not be made for purchases greater than $999. If your purchase exceeds $999, refer to the appropriate purchasing matrix for options.
A complete reimbursement submission includes:
- A completed reimbursement form along with the receipts.
- For conferences, include a copy of the schedule-at-a-glance.
- Non-ASU employees must also include a mailing address for the reimbursement check along with the request.
A receipt is a document that serves as proof of payment and is always issued after the purchase has been finalized. A receipt typically includes:
- Total amount paid
- Date of purchase
- Method of payment
- Name of item(s), quantity & unit price
- Discounts applied
- Receipt number
The reimbursement form requires you to write a sufficient business purpose for the purchase made. Please refer to the video at the included link on how to write a strong business purpose. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45389Zh-eQ