Reimbursements from grant/sponsored funding must be pre-approved by your assigned post-award RA support. Reimbursements not preapproved by your RA will not be allowed.
Subject Pay is not allowable as a reimbursement – do not pay Subjects out-of-pocket under any circumstances. Check-in with your assigned RA regarding options.
Pay particular attention to the statement: Employee reimbursements will not be approved for purchases of computer equipment or software under any circumstances (this includes paying for subscriptions/access to web and device applications).
Reimbursement request forms and documents on sponsored projects in Psychology and Investigator Incentive Award (IIA) account MUST be submitted to PSY.RAPurchasing@asu.edu (include the documentation of preapproval by your RA of anything on a sponsored project).
The best practice is to submit reimbursement requests 7-14 days after the expense is incurred regardless of the dollar amount being requested.
- To ensure reimbursements are not paid as taxable income, they must be fully processed between 7–60 days of when the expenses were incurred.
- To allow our staff sufficient time for processing, any reimbursement submitted more than 45 days after the expense was incurred will be considered a late submission and subject to additional requirements.
- Reimbursements will not be made for purchases greater than $999. If your purchase exceeds $999, refer to the appropriate purchasing matrix for options.
A complete reimbursement submission includes:
- A completed reimbursement form along with the receipts.
- For conferences, include a copy of the schedule-at-a-glance.
- Non-ASU employees must also include a mailing address for the reimbursement check along with the request.
A receipt is a document that serves as proof of payment and is always issued after the purchase has been finalized. A receipt typically includes:
- Total amount paid
- Date of purchase
- Method of payment
- Name of item(s), quantity & unit price
- Discounts applied
- Receipt number
The reimbursement form requires you to write a sufficient business purpose for the purchase made. Please refer to the video at the included link on how to write a strong business purpose. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45389Zh-eQ